Reception Rooms: 2 | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 1
* DETACHED PROPERTY * THREE BEDROOM COTTAGE & FORMER HAIR SALON * CONSERVATION AREA. An attractive three bedroom cottage believed to date back to 1790, under the reign of George III, which is located along the High Street in the desirable village of Tattenhall. The property has been recently subject to a comprehensive scheme of renovation and improvement which has been finished to a very high standard with many bespoke and high quality fixtures and fittings. The accommodation, which retains a wealth of character, briefly comprises: entrance lobby, living room with Rais wood burner, oak flooring and beamed ceiling, dining room with original quarry tiled floor and Inglenook style fireplace with Rais wood burning stove, fitted kitchen with slate worktops and integrated appliances, rear hall/utility, cloakroom/WC, landing, principal bedroom with fitted bedroom furniture and exposed beams, two further bedrooms and a well appointed bathroom. The property benefits from gas fired central heating with a Worcester combination boiler. (Continued...)
(Continued...) Externally there is a good sized rear garden with lawn, a deep border, raised border, crushed slate seating area and timber built garden shed/workshop. Attached to the cottage is a former hair salon with spiral staircase leading to a first floor room. This part of the building has potential to be incorporated into the main house, used as an annexe or work space. Planning permission approved for 'change of use' from shop to single residential unit and external alterations (29th January 2016) Ref: 15/04535/FUL
Tattenhall is a picturesque village situated within some of Cheshire's most glorious countryside with nearby Peckforton and Bickerton Hills, and Beeston and Peckforton Castles provided a stunning and dramatic backdrop. The village provides a good range of amenities including Moreton Stores, post office, butchers, pharmacy, doctors' surgery, sports centre, The Sportsman's Arms pub and dining, The Letters Inn, The Barbour Institute, a hair and beauty salon, coffee shop, and a well regarded primary school. The nearby A41 allows easy access into the historic city of Chester approximately 9 miles distant, and also provides a link to the A51, M53 and M56, facilitating travel to a number of commercial destinations within the north-west.
Tarporley - 7 miles, Chester - 9 miles, Wrexham - 13 miles, Whitchurch - 13 miles, Nantwich - 15 miles, Crewe 19miles, Liverpool 27 miles, Liverpool Airport - 30 miles, Manchester 47miles and Manchester Airport - 40 miles.
(Source - RAC Route Planner. All distances are approximate)
Please note all dimensions and floor plans are approximate and should be used for guidance only.
The detailed accommodation comprises:
Wooden panelled entrance door, recessed mat-well and beamed ceiling. Oak panelled door to Living Room and opening to Dining Room.
11'7" x 10'4" to chimney breast (3.53m x 3.15m to
Working sash window with bespoke window blind overlooking High Street, chimney breast with Portland stone fireplace and hearth housing a Rais wood burning stove, bespoke storage units to either side of the chimney breast, recessed ceiling spotlights with dimmer switch controls, two picture lights with dimmer switch controls, two recessed ceiling speakers, cast-iron column style radiator and oak floor boards.
14'10" maximum x 11'9" (4.52m maximum x 3.58m)
Working sash window with bespoke fitted blind overlooking High Street, inglenook style fireplace with exposed beam housing a freestanding Rais contemporary wood burner with soapstone niche, beamed ceiling, cast-iron column style radiator, quarry tiled floor, four wall light points and cupboard housing the electric meter and the electrical consumer board. Doorway leading through to the Kitchen.
11'2" x 6'9" (3.40m x 2.06m)
Fitted with a contemporary range of Indian laurel wood fronted base and wall level units incorporating drawers and cupboards with bespoke bronze handles and Kirkstone slate worktops. Inset stainless steel Smeg sink unit with mixer tap and drainer grooved into the worktop. Fitted four-ring Gaggenau gas hob with stainless steel backplate and extractor above. Built-in Miele electric fan assisted oven and grill. Integrated Miele microwave oven and Gaggenau dishwasher. Two recessed ceiling speakers, double glazed window with bespoke pull-up blind overlooking the rear garden, cast-iron column style radiator, two recessed ceiling spotlights, built-in wine rack, limestone tiled floor with electric under-floor heating and French oak staircase to the first floor. Oak panelled door to Utility/Rear Hall.
9'9" maximum x 9' maximum (2.97m maximum x 2.74m m
L-shaped utility area with beamed ceiling, understairs recess with plumbing and space for washing machine and space for condensing tumble dryer, two wall light points, free-standing Worcester Highflow 400 electronic combination gas fired central heating boiler, terracotta tiled floor, fitted shelving, cast-iron column style radiator, recessed mat-well and wooden panelled door with glazed inserts to outside. Oak panelled door to Downstairs WC.
Wall hung WC with dual-flush concealed cistern and corner Duravit wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap. Wooden panelled walls, beamed ceiling, two wall light points, tiled floor, extractor and cast-iron column style radiator.
With French oak floor boards and three recessed ceiling spotlights. Oak panelled doors to Bedroom One, Bedroom Two, Bedroom Three and Bathroom.
11'11" x 11'9" (3.63m x 3.58m)
Fitted with a bespoke range of bedroom furniture incorporating a large wardrobe with hanging rail and mirror backed door, three storage cupboards and seven drawers incorporating a large laundry drawer. Working sash window overlooking the High Street with bespoke window blind, cast-iron column style radiator, high vaulted ceiling with recessed ceiling spotlights and exposed beams and access to loft space.
11'7" x 11'7" (3.53m x 3.53m)
Working sash window overlooking the front with bespoke blind, recessed ceiling spotlights, cast-iron column style radiator and access to loft space with oak drop down door and retractable aluminium ladder.
14'6" x 9'10" maximum (4.42m x 3.00m maximum)
Fitted with a range of oak office furniture incorporating a desk, drawers and shelving. Double glazed window overlooking the rear with bespoke pull up window blind, recessed ceiling spotlights, cast-iron column style radiator and leather tiled floor.
9'5" x 7'1" (2.87m x 2.16m)
Luxury bathroom comprising: double ended bath with teak surround, wall mounted Aston Matthews mixer tap, ceiling mounted shower head over and glazed shower door; limestone worktop with circular shaped undermount wash hand basin, Aston Matthews mixer tap and storage cupboard beneath; and wall hung WC. Built-in mirror backed medicine cabinet with electric shaver point and glass shelving, double glazed window overlooking the rear with bespoke pull down blind, heated towel rail, partially stone tiled walls with teak niche, extractor, recessed ceiling spotlights, two recessed ceiling speakers and Cabruva wooden floorboards.
The property occupies a convenient position along High Street within walking distance of the village centre. To the front there is on street parking available. To the left hand side of the property there is a small yard with the gas meter cupboard. A gated pathway at the right provides access to the rear garden.
To the rear there is a block paved pathway with sandstone retaining blocks and sandstone steps leading up to a lawned garden with deep borders, raised borders with wooden sleeper edging and a crushed slate section with Silver Birch tree. The rear garden is fully enclosed by wooden fencing, holly hedge and brick walling. Useful timber garden shed/workshop with double glazed windows and slate tiled roof. Outside lighting and outside water tap.
Attached to the side of Sunny View is a former hairdressers incorporating the salon, WC and first floor room.
Planning permission approved for 'change of use' from shop to single residential unit and external alterations (29th January 2016) Ref: 15/04535/FUL
16'5" x 12'9" (5.00m x 3.89m)
Double glazed entrance door, large double glazed window overlooking the front, single glazed window to side, electric storage heater, electric meter cupboard, beamed ceiling with two fluorescent strip lights, two wash hand basins with tiled splash-backs and metal spiral staircase to the first floor. Glazed door to the Inner Lobby.
4'2" x 3'1" (1.27m x 0.94m)
Door to Downstairs WC.
5'9" x 3' (1.75m x 0.91m)
Low level WC, wall mounted wash hand basin and single glazed obscured glass window.
16'6" x 12'9" (5.03m x 3.89m)
Sash window overlooking the front, two fluorescent strip lights, electric storage heater and built-in cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and cold water storage tank.
* The floor coverings, fitted blinds, curtains and curtain poles are included in the sale.
* Sunny View was purchased in 1999 and during the period of ownership our client has conducted a comprehensive scheme of improvement which has been finished to exacting standards with high quality materials, fixtures and fittings. The work carried out includes:
- new sash windows to the front elevation with bespoke blinds, the sandstone sills and lintels have also been reinstated.
- double glazed casement windows have been fitted to the rear elevation.
- the external walls have been insulated from the inside creating a much more energy efficient home.
- new European oak architraves and skirting boards together with European oak veneered doors with bespoke handles have been fitted.
- the heating system has been renewed throughout with cast-iron column style radiators and a Worcester combination boiler.
- electrical re-wiring and an electric underfloor heating system in the Kitchen.
* There are two working chimneys with twin walled stainless steel flexible flue liners.
* The light fittings and electrical sockets are bronzed brass except for in the Kitchen and Utility Room where they are brushed stainless steel.
* Tenure - understood to be Freehold. Purchasers should verify this through their solicitor.
* Services - we understand that main gas, electricity, water and drainage are connected.
* Council Tax Band D - Cheshire West and Chester.
* The property is in a conservation area.
* We believe that the property was formerly 'Elizabeth Hair Fashions' and was used as a hair salon for approximately 40 years.
* The owner of Sunny View has recently acquired this property which offers potential to be incorporated into the main house, used as an annexe of work space.
* Planning permission approved for 'change of use' from shop to single residential unit and external alterations (29th January 2016) Ref: 15/04535/FUL
* Tenure - believed to be Freehold. Purchasers should verify this through their solicitor.
* Services - we understand that mains water, electric and drainage area connected.
From Chester City Centre proceed out through Boughton on to the Whitchurch Road and continue straight across at the new roundabout on to the A41. Follow the road for approximately 4 miles passing through Waverton to Hatton Heath, before turning left signposted Tattenhall into Chester Road. Follow the Chester Road into the village, passing the Tattenhall Primary School and St Alban's Church. At the T- junction turn right and then after a short distance turn right again into High Street. Follow the road through the village, around the bend in the road, and the property will be found on the right hand side.
By arrangement with the Agent's Chester Office 01244 404040.
If you are considering purchasing this property as a buy to let investment, our award winning lettings and property management department offer a preferential rate to anyone who purchases a property through Cavendish and lets with Cavendish. For more information contact Lettings Manager, David Adams on 01244 401440/David.firstname.lastname@example.org
The former salon has a separate non-domestic EPC as shown.
2 Cuppin Street,
Cheshire. CH1 2BN
Tel: 01244 404040